1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 dodge problem help??

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by LadyJ, Feb 17, 2003.

1. LadyJ

LadyJ Junior Member

Ok i have a 95 ram 360 v8 lately when i drive it when it gets good an warm the motor sounds like it is going to shut off starts vibrating in the front end an it backfires an after about 2 minutes of this is just stops moving it will still run but it wont move this happened one night an i replaced spark plugs an wires hoping an it did fine for 2 or 3 days then it started again sometimes i can go 20 miles other times i cant go 5 before it starts acting up i have had it to 2 shops who first suggested fuel filter then said that it dosent have a fuel filter?? i just bought this truck a month ago but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated i am getting ready to break down an take it to a dodge dealership:(
  2. snowflake

snowflake Member

welcome to plow site :waving: welll lets see if you can solve your problem. did you also replace cap and rotor too? the fuel filter is in the fuel tank with the fuel pump . i try some dry gas in fuel, and also leave fuel cap loose tooo once cap mite be plugged tank needs to be vented. another thing fuel pump mite be gettin weak not gettin good fuel pressure to injectors. does truck have a lot of miles on it too?

give me more infor mite have more suggestions to try to check

3. LadyJ

LadyJ Junior Member

hi thanks it has about 80k they last shop i took it to said it was getting perfect pressure also as for the cap an rotor u are referring to the distributor it does not have one i know i have no idea either it says in the handbook this model does not have a distributor??? :confused: but thanks so much also figured everyone else is showing off their trucks might as well join in

4. fordman

fordman Senior Member

Welcome to plowsite.:waving:

I would check and or change all spark plugs and spark plug wires. I doubt it's your fuel pump because you can usually hear when they're on there way out. You might also want to check the injectors, sometimes they can get clogged and not allow enough fuel to flow through. I wouldn't take it to a dealership either, I would just try and find a good mechanic. I'm sure Dodge could fix it but it would be for atlest twice as much $$$ then a good mechanic would charge.
    Hope this helps.
  5. LadyJ

LadyJ Junior Member

95 dodge prob

thanks fordman i did change all plugs an wires first thing i thought to do an im not sure if it really matters or not but i ran some fuel injector cleaner thru it also bu ti dont know if that stuff really does any good or not thankfully i am snowed in to the point i didnt make it to the dodge dealership like i had planned an wont for atleast a wekk an now i can check the cat first which i will fix in my own way as soon as i can possibly move enough snow to get it in my garage so i guess till then:drinkup: thanks all:D
  6. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

First, do you have a check engine light on. If you do the computer may have stored a code to give a tech a place to start looking. Also when you say it won't move but it will run does that mean it won't drive because if so this opens up another can of worms in itself. I do know dodge had some problems with an intake plenum gasket leaking which causes a vacum leak that could lead to rough running. In this case I would go to the dealer because two independant garages did not help.

Also, you do have a distributor cap it's just tough to see. Follow a plug wire back and you will see it on the top backside of the engine behind the intake manifold.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2003
  7. LadyJ

LadyJ Junior Member

95 dodge ram prob

Hi Nozzleman the first thing i did was the egnition diagnostice i got 2 codes the first was an 11 crank reference signal the second was a 34 speed control solenoid which controls my cruise control which i dont use anyway, the crank reference thing i am not really sure about looked for it an found it right above the tranny near the firewall to have it fixed i will need someone else to do it who has the right tools as for me i would have to drop the tranny to get it out so i called an got an appt with dodge :( hate to but hopefully this will fix it thanks for the advice.
  8. wyldman

wyldman Member

Check or replace the crank sensor.They rae bad for getting water in them and causing problems.That may also be the cause of the code you are getting.