1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 dodge diesel problems

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by plowboy22, Jan 1, 2012.

1. plowboy22

plowboy22 Junior Member
    from ohio

i have a 95 dodge diesel and im having a problem with the dash the fuel and the oil pressure gauge work but the tach,speedo,water and alt gauges do not work. I have put a new speed sensor down at the crack checked all grounds that i could find and cleaned them and still nothing so i was hoping someone a another idea it runs like a top its just dash not working i think maybe computer but not sure..:mechanic:
  2. GMC99

GMC99 Senior Member
    from 60188

Check fuses.... If good, its a very good chance your gauge pod is dead, look on ebay and amazon for one
  3. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

SInce those guages (systems) that are faulty on your cluster work independently I would suspect a faulty gauge cluster as GMC99 said.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

A gasser guage cluster will work. You will have to remove the tack from the diesel and install into the new gas one. All in all a very EZ process.
  5. rebelplow

rebelplow Senior Member

I have a similar problem in my 94 Cummins. My fuel gauge has been dead for at least 10 years. The voltmeter, temp guage, and oil pressure seem to work fine. The tach also works, but the speedo seems to have a mind of it's own. Works probably 1/3 the time. Replaced the sensor on the trans with no luck.
  6. plowboy22

plowboy22 Junior Member
    from ohio

ended up it was the gauge cluster :mechanic:
  7. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

Try replacing the ABS / Speed sensor on the rear pumpkin. Most common cause of a faulty speedometer.
  8. moparornocar

moparornocar Junior Member
    from Ohio

If your whole dsah is out try a ground wire from the battery to your body. There usually to the radaitor support.