1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 dodge 2500 cummins?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by 2low4nh, Sep 13, 2009.

1. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

okay i am looking at picking up a dodge 2500 with the cummins its the typical std cab long bed. it has rusted out rockers fenders and cab corners as well as one of the cab mounts. the bed is starting to rot through above the wheel wells. this is all typical and not much of a concern i think? the truck has 200k on it with a tranny that was rebuilt 8k miles ago. it comes with a fisher plow with the hydrolics on the motor. the plow is mint not a scratch on it no wear at all. might have been used 15 times on one driveway if that. Now the real question do you guys think this truck is worth $2500 it might have a bad headgasket as well. i noticed some coolant on the intake side of the block.
    any input would be great. i really want to get into plowing but dont have that much cash to throw around. pleas ehelp!!!! i only have a few days before i can pick this truck up.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't know much about the cummins, but I know this: If you are tight on cash and want to get into plowing, stay away from an old diesel. Obviously that's an OK deal, but you need some money to get it ready for the road. That truck is probably worth more in pieces than all together.

3. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

i know i have enough cash to put the truck on the road and have it ready fo plowing! should be about a grand total in parts to get it ready.

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like that is a good price and would make a good plow truck....

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Sounds like a great price to me. Plan for a handfull of issues, but for the price its a risk worth taking IMHO

6. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

can you guys give me any insight on what i can expect? the guy already replaced the steering box, injector pump?, brake lines fuel lines, the spider assembly (injectors) the frame is really clean besides the h beam rotted on the driver side. easy fix with some box tubing! i had a 97 with the cummins in it that had alot of little issues so we traded that for an 04 f350 1 ton dump a couple years ago. kinda regret getting rid of it because the body was mint but the motor was well going to an early grave. and as i said before the tranny on this truck was just rebuilt. the front end looked nice and tight.

7. wls

wls Senior Member

super price

8. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

id go for it thats a pretty good deal with all those new parts. Does the motor smoke at all?, i would also pull the intake tube and fell the turbo compresser wheel for any slop (make sure the trucks cold:D) im sure it will need some tlc but what doesen't that 15 years old

9. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

nope no smoke. it fired right up too! i only let it run for about 5 minutes because theres no water pump at the moment the serpentine belt is off the truck due to the altenator being frozen up.

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like you need to add an alternator to your list LOL

11. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

among other things. altenator is cheap though.

12. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

Well i bought the truck wish me luck!

13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Pics! We want pics!

Actually, you should take some so when you have it all fixed up you can sit on the porch with grandma and reminisce about the old days.

14. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

i will have befoe after and during pics. i have over 1000 pics of my mini truck i built

15. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

16. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i would put a flatbed on that rig and fix the cab rot and you would have a handy work truck good luck with it;)

17. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

waiting on an email for a cheap rplacement bed. i will do a flat bed if it comes down to it.

18. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Can you get rear wheel repair panels for that? I would just weld/rivet them on, maybe a layer of glass, bondo, spray it with something close. Get your sticker on and then you have time to do things right. You've got your work cut out for you on the rockers/cab corners. You want to do those right, once. Focus your energy there, and taking care of the mechanical stuff.

19. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

def a fixxer-upper

20. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

rockers and cab corners are cake. i built the bed on my s10 out of 3 differnt beds to make it look like a dually i think a few factory parts welded in sould not be bad at all. I can get replacement sides for the bed jut not sure which wayim gonna go flat bed or regular bed.