1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 chevy 4x4 actuator

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Evanbrendel, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Evanbrendel

Evanbrendel Senior Member

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you want the central axle disconnect to stay engaged permanently save yourself the $171 and throw a spacer in and reinstall the old actuator. Cheapest 5 minute permanent fix you'll encounter.

Or if you still want the option for engagement it's Posi-lok you're thinking of for the cable activated CAD.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Evan - I put spacers in both of my IFS rigs before winter. One actuator was dead, the other almost dead. The spacer is the way to go, at least for the winter months. I used a 7/8 reg depth 3/8 drive socket in one truck, used a lug nut in the other. Both work equally well.

I had the Posi-lok in an older truck. It is the way to go if you want to be able to switch it off and on.

4. Evanbrendel

Evanbrendel Senior Member

thanks alot guys posi lock is what i realy want so i can use the low side ot the t case and not have the 4x4 engaged.

5. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

been watching this tread, and i have to say i am going to switch a bunch of my chevs over to those posi lock also, i well say i am surprised chev never came up with anything better then that stupid actuator what a POS