1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 chev K1500 diamond 7.5 mount kit (99 k2500 trade?)

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Diamond K 75, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Diamond K 75

Diamond K 75 Junior Member

Hello, i have a 95 chev k 1500 ext cab, i am in the process of buying a diamond 7.5 "old style" plow with the dual round receivers. I'm getting a wicked deal on this plow as it is now discontinued, the problem is they can't seem to find me the frame mount to work for my truck! As i understand it i need an 81001 frame kit which is discontinued and non existent, they sent me an 81018 which is supposed to fit a 99-? k 2500 and they are discounting me $300.00 to have it modified to fit my truck. Sizing up the job i find that the 99 kit is too wide to fit my frame and the upright tabs that are supposed to fit inside the frame rails are hitting in the centre of my frame rails on each side. My questions are:
    1) Would it be wise to cut the upright tabs off of this mount and go ahead with adding on sufficient steel to make a similar set of tabs that could mount on the outside of my frame?
    2) Is it wise to modify a plow mount at all? What about warranty?
    3) Does anyone have a new OR used mount that would fit my truck?
    4) Would anyone like to buy or trade me for the shiny new 99 k2500 mount i have?
    5) Would there be a better candidate for modification than the 81018? I have just under 27 inches between my frame rails (26 7/8).
    6) How can i figure out exactly where the the mount should be located if this mount is not for my truck?

I like the looks of the setup they sent me, it is a new diamond tripedge unit with blades 27 and change high, it came with the cover for the hydraulics/motor, a 57h pump, and an electro touch controller with night saber lights. I will be doing personal plowing and a couple of neighbors plus a little bit of plowing on a dirt road in a recreational subdivision i'm involved in (probably 1.5 kms long) but only occasionally.

Any help with any of the above questions greatly appreciated.
    Sorry for the longish post.
    Regards from NS Canada tymusic
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

:rolleyes: See,,, lol:waving:
  3. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

right on bgn.
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

roflmao:jester: !!!!!

Easy....BGN.... lol

Diamond K 75 double posts.
    You do not know this, but you responded to one of them.
    Then you cheek in to see what has been posted.
    Then unknowing about the double post you start to :realmad: !!!!
    Thinking your post was deleted but it was not, It was at his other post!!!!!

Then the mods notice the double post and delete one of them, Witch makes seance as the double post has caused you much confusion...:dizzy:
    Because your still:realmad: !!!

Not really a big deal, I'm sure you can post the guys contact info again...

Does that clear up the muddy glass of water???
  5. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

Here is a # for my dad he has a ton of NOS Diamont tube mounts 610-488-1450
  6. LLM Ann Arbor

Hey Id like to thank BGN and Storks. They seem like really helpful guys. They may be in business but they trully seem very informative and helpful.
  7. LLM Ann Arbor

You're welcome. Im quite sure at some point I will need you guys....for advice of course.

Hey maybe you can tell me this. I asked in another thread earlier but....I have a e60.

What is positive and what is negative.

D1 and A2.

I disconnected my deal last season....its hardwired with no quick connect and for the life of me I cant remember which is which.

Also....what is the crossover relief valve for. What does it do?

One of our other guys says D-1 Negative A-2 Positive

Is this correct. He says its from a tech bulletin.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  8. LLM Ann Arbor

Got my answer....Pulled out some photos of my plow from last season to compare....

Still like to know what a crossover relief is and does.
  9. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

If the plow was hit on a side that lets the fluid crossover. If that was not there and you hit something you could split a cylinder blow a hose and expand the C-valce. They are adjustable you can make it crossover at lower and higher presures. Meyer C-valve expantion is a common problem so it is better to keep it on the lighter side
  10. LLM Ann Arbor

Thanks "S" Like I said....you guys are both a wealth of information, and good for us Meyer guys.

right on