1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 bronco/western plow??

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Twizzle, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Twizzle

Twizzle Junior Member

Hey guys, I'm not new to plowing....been plowing for about 15yrs now, but been driving someone elses trucks. last year i put out my own pickup, this year I'm considering buying a 1995 bronco and can get a good deal on a 1 or 2 yr old western mid-weight 7.5 plow. my question is do you guys think this truck can handle this particular plow?? currently my plow accounts are mostly residential which is why i thought this truck would work out well. I would more then likely be getting a leveling kit and timbrens. I've been reading up on various topics on this forum for a while now and thought this wound be the best place to ask. All input is appreciated. Thanks.

2. Twizzle

Twizzle Junior Member

Considering the 95 bronco or 1 of 2, 2 door tahoes I found. I'm just looking to see which truck would work out better. Thanks

3. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

what year are the tahoes

4. Twizzle

Twizzle Junior Member

1 is a 1996 and the other is a 1997

5. snowplowpro

from NJ

the bronco is probably a bear for plowing got some power
    but the tahoes are probably about the same and one a little newer it all depends I like the bronco myself im looking for one myself actually .
    my friend had a Tahoe that he plowed with he loved it but I think its all up to what the mileage is on them and how well they were taking care of .:mechanic:

6. Twizzle

Twizzle Junior Member

Ok thanks. Would a bronco be able to handle the western mid-weight I may get??

7. snowplowpro

from NJ

yes, cause the mid weight is smaller than a 7.6 pro plow that mostly people put on the broncos.