1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 blazer problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by obrut, Nov 10, 2003.

1. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

I'm working on a friends 95 blazer, its a full size auto. It drives fine at 1/4 throttle but when you give it more gas it heisitates and wont really speed up until you let of the gas a little. It almost seems like the timings off. He says its had a tune up about a little over a year ago. I checked for codes but nothing came up. You guys have any ideas?

2. Perkin50

Perkin50 Junior Member

Sounds like a possible plugged catalytic converter. But it could also be a fuel problem. Or maybe a possible ignition problem.Check the easiest stuff first like timing.I would then check the cat and then go from there. Drive the vehicle under load when this occurs and then pop the trans in neutral. If the engine revs up then it is fuel related. If it still hesitates its a plugged converter. You can also test the converter with a laser temp. gun. Run the vehicle until its warm and immediately check the temp of the converter at the inlet and at the outlet with the temp gun.. If the inlet is hotter than the outlet by at least 100 degrees F the it is plugged. You don't have a temp. gun you can remove the oxygen sensor and check if the vehicle will run better with it removed. It may be many things but you have to go through and use the process of elimination to find the problem.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i would start with the fuel filter

had a van in my shop wouldnt get out of its own way

the fuel filter was blocked solid.since its mounted inside the frame

nobody replaces them

4. Friend of mine Had the same problem with his 90 K2500 . Turned out it was the fuel pump.
  5. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

I tried a different set of injectors out of my blazer and that wasn't it. Next I'm going to get a fuel filter. I really think its fuel related, i checked the plugs and it looks like its running lean. Thanks for all the help everyone, keep the ideas coming.