1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

95 2500 diesel - Plow Set Up?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jjklongisland, Feb 9, 2009.

1. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

I tried using the Western Plow match module but it was giving me problems. Can I run a 8 foot Western Uni Mount on a 95 Chevy 2500 extended cab diesel? If not I am hoping a 7.5 will work??? How much ballast?
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No problems with an 8'...other than it'll be a little narrow for an extended cab. Wouldn't hesitate to go 8.5 or 9'. Truck will hold it fine with 700-900lbs of ballast.

Forget about a 7.5....

I run the Western Ultramount 7'6" and carry 2450 lbs. of salt and my 96 Sierra 2500 ex. cab 8600 GVW does fine and the 6.5 Turbo Diesel works great. You will have no problem. You may want to crank up the torsion bars and put a set of Timbrens on the front as I did to help with the weight. Also make sure your front axle rating is 2450 lbs. as mine is. Keith