1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

94 Xj Plow Install

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by JOE LP, Oct 26, 2006.

1. JOE LP

JOE LP Junior Member

Hello,
    Im a newbee to the site and have a question I hope you guys can answer. I have a 94 jeep cherokee 4.0lt 4x4 auto 2dr sport. I just bought a Meyers plow from my boss who had it installed on a 91 cherokee. He gave me 2 big frt brackets to mount the plow to the frt of my cherokee but I cant figure out how they bolt on. He doesnt know either because the plow was bought new in 95 and installed by the people who he bought it from, then we in our shop uninstalled the mounts and plow and its been sitting in our garage for close to 8 yrs untouched. I checked the hyd and elect. stuff and to my surprise the pump is still working and the 3 cyl. (up/down, and the 2 left and right tilt) are fine and dont leak. My problem is I cant find any info on how to install the brackets or even a pic of these type of mounts. One is just the bottom mount where the plow quick release pins go for the back of the plow and the other looks like where the plow motor/pump mounts. I hope someone can help a new guy out on this. This plow is in like new condition and was only used to plow a 200yrd drive way maybe 6 total times before uninstalled and stored.
    Thanks
    Joe

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

maybe go to a meyers dealer ?

3. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

If you give me your email I can email you the file with the mounting instructions and pictures
    storksauto@aol.com

4. JOE LP

JOE LP Junior Member

my email is
    turbojoe21012@yahoo.com
    I would really appreciate it. I tried calling Meyers for two days straight and couldn't get a answer from anyone or a call back. When I did talk to someone, I was told it was to old and they didn't have the mounting instructions available.
    Thanks
    Joe

5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

yep i remeber that calling them they dont answer there phone i have a curtis they answer the phone wesport

6. JOE LP

JOE LP Junior Member

StorksAuto,
    big thumbs up for the help and the parts. Thanks again.