1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

94 Wrangler Posi-Loc?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by notaclue, Feb 26, 2005.

1. notaclue

notaclue Junior Member

Hello,
    I currently use a 94 Wrangler, 4.0, automatic, for my primary plow vehicle. Also have a 95 F350 7.3, dually. Because of the size of the Wrangler, I can do lots of "tight" jobs that others would have to struggle with. Have used for aprox. 6 years and have been fortunate enough to never have any serious issues. The one thing that I have always expect to fail, is the vacuum accuated solenoid for front axel. I have purhased the Posi-Loc kit, but I have yet to install. My question is, are there any issues I should prepare for before I disconnect the currently fine vacuum system, or issues or suggestions after the install? Like everyone else who plows, I am out in the middle of nowhere ay 2:00 in the morn. with very limited resources. Anyones thoughts or suggestions from their experience would be greatly appreciated before I do the changeover.
    Tx
    Don

2. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

I have heard nothing but good about the system. My s-10 has the same crappy vaccum system and my still works but when it goes out I'm going with the posilock. But before you do spend a day checking all your hoses. In auto class me and another kid spent 2 hours diagnosing a non engaging axle and sure enough one vaccum hose had a small cut in it. My advice take the vaccum line and use a air compressor with a blower attachment and plow air in the vacum line backwards and lsiten for leaks.

3. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Don the Posi-Loc unit is a great set up.
    You will be pleased with the operation and it wouldn't let you down when you need your front axle engaged.
    Just be sure to keep the control cable lubricated.
    :rolleyes: John.............

4. bnrhuffman

bnrhuffman Member

The Posi loc is nice. A couple things to consider and keep in mind though. the stock shift fork in your actuator is aluminum and wont take a great deal of force. The vacuum system wont supply enough force to bend it but a manually operated cable will (so dont force it). I would suggest upgrading to a steel fork while youve got it apart. I know you can get them somewhere but I cant remember where.
    If you are engaging on the fly, make sure you put the t-case in 4WD before attempting to engage the posi-loc. This is important because while in 2WD, the inner and intermediate shaft will be turning in opposite directions and you will never get it to engage and can really FUBAR your shift collar in the process of trying.