1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

94 with 6.5 diesel and 5 speed standard, clutch help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by buckwheat_la, Nov 29, 2010.

1. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

so my 6.5 diesel has a dual mass clutch, and i have been told that there is a conversion to a regular solid flywheel, anyone ever do this? Any suggestions where to get the parts?
  2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

no one has advice on this? B&B i know you must have something to say on the subject
  3. plowking15

plowking15 Member

Might have better luck on the 6.5 diesel forums. I have a 6.5 but with the automatic. I think the flywheel or flexplates had some problems on these trucks. You may get vibrations or different issues with a solid flywheel but may be alright. I don't think a lot of users on here have 6.5 trucks. plowking
  4. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

What are your concerns with the dual mass clutch? I had an old 93 ford superduty service truck with a clutch along the same lines as the 6.5 oem. When I replaced it, I used one of those conversion kits, dont remember what it was now, but I took it out and replaced it with an oem clutch less than a week later. It felt AWEFUL, it wasnt an install issue either. It chattered, it grabbed too quick, it would creep especially if it got hot. Could be an isolated instance but as soon as I put that oem clutch in it felt brand new, perfect. Just my 2 cents.