1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

94 S-10 to a 97 Ford???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DAVE IN BUFFALO, Nov 8, 2002.

1. DAVE IN BUFFALO

DAVE IN BUFFALO Junior Member

I hope you all can help!! I am about to sell a 6.5 ft plow to a friend. The only thing we are wondering is if we can put the plow on his truck. I believe we have to purchase a new frame, but we are not getting any help as to where you can purchase the frame only...The meyer website does not tell us much. Any one have any Idea on how much this is worth??? If it fits, he will give me 1200.00 for it...If not, I have to buy the new frame for his truck so it fits. Any help would be appreciated..

2. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines Senior Member

TW TRUCK EQUIPPERS

Have you called TW on Elk St?

3. YETI

YETI Junior Member

Try Casullo's on Elmwood in Kenmore.

4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

97 Ford what?? Need model like ranger-150 etc.
    Dino

5. DAVE IN BUFFALO

97 Ford what?? Need model like ranger-150 etc.
    Dino

Sorry about that. The set up is going from a 94 s-10 Blazer to a 97 Ford F150

6. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

The 6.5 is to small for the 150, get a 7.5.

7. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

If the s-10 set up has the pull away upper motor system and headlight assembly than that will be the only items to swap over.
    the lower push assembly and 6.5' plow wont swap over.
    You see even with a new lower frame kit and push clevis, the 6.5' plow a frame is narrower than the 7.5' plow that the 150 lower assembly will be designed for. And even if all that did work, the heavier 150 would bend that the 6.5' plow in no time.
    if your s-10 frame mounts between the frame and bumper, then only the motor and lights will swap over and the rest wont.
    The person interested in the plow is best advised to look for another system.
    Dino

8. DAVE IN BUFFALO

Dino,
    Thanks for the help...I'd hate like hell to get someone all excited, and find out that it wouldn't work Thanks again:D