1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'94 Ranger plow options?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Galaxie427, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Galaxie427

Galaxie427 Junior Member

Hi all, new guy here. I've got a '94 Ranger regular cab short bed, 4.0L 5 speed. Currently, it's got the stock 3.27 gears, D35/8.8, and 32" BFG AT's. In the near future, I hope to remedy that with a 4.56:1 D44/9" swap.

I've decided that snowblowers aren't that much fun, and I'd like to find a plow for my truck. I can fabricate fairly well, but I'd rather bolt on and go. I've gone through the web, but I can't find mounts for my truck. I'd prefer a front mounted 6.5' unit. Does anyone make a mount for me?

Pete S.
  2. butters

butters Member

Blizzard 680LT should work great. If you can find one.
  3. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Timbrens possibly heavier springs and either:
    7' Curtis Home Pro
    6'9" or 7'6" Fisher LD
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Search plowing with a standard on the forum too so you don't fry your clutch. You have to add better charging and a big battery too. Your Ranger probably has a 60 amp alternator,you should have a 90-100 amp-er so you don't run out of power quickly.
  5. SNOWMAN0420

SNOWMAN0420 Member

i had the same problem wit my 94 ranger. i found a 6.5 ft western on ebay in great shape mounting it is another question i havent tried yet but im sure it shouldnt be to hard... if anybody knows of where i can get a direct bolt on mount for my 94 ranger please let me know :gunsfiring: