1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

94' Ram Pricing ?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by NICHOLS LANDSCA, Oct 12, 2007.

1. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Came across a deal on a 94' Ram reg. cab CTD with 140,000 miles (trans was just gone through). I have not seen it in person but am told by the current owner there is "a little" rust behind the front tire and the lower part of the box, cant be seen in the pictures. Original owner, been a farm truck since new. No plow, Yet.

Thinking I could pick it up for ~$4,700, Is it worth it or should I hold out for an older 1st gen? I just dont want to spend over $5,000

Thanks,
    Employee of NBI

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

i'd say thats a fair price for an old truck, miles are about right for its age, if its not too rusted, and beat to hell, i'd say pick it up.

3. THEGOLDPRO

also on a side note some goofball on this forum has a 94 ctd with 204k on it, and wants 8k for it. so if you could pick up this one with less miles same year for 4k less then this d0od wants then yea why not.

4. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I am just worried about the rust. There is no way to tell other then just going to look at it but its 3 hours away from me. I'd hate to get all the way out there to find a POS, but the price does seem right on it.

5. THEGOLDPRO

well some times you need to drive a ways to check it out, i have on more then occasion driven over 2 hours to look at trucks for sale, on every occasion i found stuff i didnt like about em, and went home empty handed.

6. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

I think its worth the trip. the engine is good for another 250,000 miles easy (with maint) if the cab is in good shape, (floor and mounts) then go for it, the tranny and front end are the weak links on these trucks, front end is expensive to fix, may want to ask if the 'dowel pin' has been fixed. The good news is it has the best fuel pump ever put on that motor 'P' and it's a fuel mizer compared to the newer trucks, also it rides way better than a 1st gen.

Kirk

7. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Damn Skippy...I'd scoop it up if it's in decent shape, drives good and no major issues.. 2nd Generation 12 valvers command dollars. Even if it needs some front end parts replaced..after all, farm trucks are usually beat on. That person selling the one for 8 g's is no goofball. He knows the value of his truck. I payed 6 g's for mine and drove 6 hours to get it..I've done plenty of searching for one of these when I got mine and these trucks are probably one of the most expensive used trucks to purchase. Good Luck

8. THEGOLDPRO

im not saying they are not great trucks, but 8k for a 94 with over 200k is wayyyyyyyy to much money, that guy is insane.

9. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Depends on the condition of the truck...;)

10. THEGOLDPRO

i suppose condition matters to an exstent, but the fact is its a 94 i dont know if you know this but thats 13 almost 14 years old, lol just because the engine is a great engine, that doesnt mean the rest of the truck is in the same shape, thats 14 years and over 200k on all the other parts of the vehicle.

i wouldent ever spend over 5-6k on a 94 with 200k+ i dont give a crap what engine it has, but i suppose their is a sucker born every minute.