1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

94 K1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RAZOR, Jan 7, 2003.

1. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

The "Sevice Engine Soon" light is coming on, when it does the engine revs high before shifting hard into the higher gear. It is showing a code #12. It only seems to do this when the truck is cold, when it warms up it is fine. Does anyone know what a code 12 is?

Thanks Razor

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

this code will flash when ever the diagnostic terminal is grounded with the ignition turned on and the engine not running. If additional trouble codes are stored in the ECM they will appear after this code has flashed three times.

I read that from my service manual, sounds like its not throwing any codes, check again after this code 12 has flashed three times.

John

3. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

Thanks for the reply,I checked it again, after it flashed code 12 three times it flashed code 22, It looks like it might be the Thottle Position Sensor.

Razor

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

code 22 is the TP sensor voltage too low.Sounds like a bad TP sensor.Disconnect the sensor and jump the blue and grey wire and it should set a code 21.If it does it's a bad TP sensor.If not it's wiring or ECM related.

While your in there check the base gasket for the TBI unit,as they are bad for cracking and causing a high idle as well.