1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'94 K-5 Blazer Front End Problem?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Stan, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Seem's as I come to a stop at a roll the front end has a side to side movement apprx 5-15 mph. Does the same upon acceleration. I checked the sway bars and seems ok. Truck only has 84k and have maitained this vehicle always. Installed timbrens a month ago but had this problem prior which seems to be getting worse. Tires were balanced recently but did not help. There is no vibration or any problems at normal speeds. Has anyone expirienced this?

2. crashz

crashz Senior Member

Cheak all of you ball joints on the axle knuckles and steering arm. The steering arm is proabably worn excessively. Check yout tie rod ends as well.

3. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Does'nt seem like any play in the steering wheel.

4. crashz

crashz Senior Member

Have you try jacking up the front end and wiggling the tires? My expereince with these front ends are that the lower ball joint on the knuckles go bad. Also the rubber bushings in the upper and lower A arms get weak after a few years. Yours are 10 years old, and if plowed, may have additional wear.

5. Stan

Stan Senior Member

I had it up on the lift last week. Everything felt pretty tight. The idler arm had a little play but not much at all. I will check the bushings again, I may have over looked something. The plow has only has been on 2 months.

6. crashz

crashz Senior Member

My friend has an 89 GMC that let go of the idler arm. The ball/socket joint was so worn that it popped apart leaving the front wheel turn inwards.

Have you checked the rear end? Maybe some of the play is the rearend shifting on the spring pads?

7. acornish

acornish Senior Member

make sure u load that suspension when checking for play--- do not just let the suspension hang, best way to check is on an alighnment rack so u lift bu the lower control arms

8. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Dont over look the gear box or pitman arm itself...Rob

9. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Great advise. I will check it all out... thanks