1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

94 GMC K3500 Front End Lift

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 1989gtablown632, Feb 4, 2010.

1. 1989gtablown632

1989gtablown632 Junior Member

Hi Everyone, This is my first post here. I have owned my 94 K3500 for about 4 years now and am getting ready to buy a plow for it. Its a diesel dually 4 door with an 8' bed. I also just put 19.5s on her. So anyway I just installed beefy 10+1 leaf rear springs for the back because I use it to haul landscape block in the summer and the old springs were tired. My problem lies in that the truck sits tilting foward due to the heaver springs in the back, and im worried that with the added weight of a plow she will sag even more. I have done a few searches and came back with a few options, one is to buy a set of Timbren rubber springs which seams like it would stiffen up the front but wont raise it up. I could also crank up the torsion bars but I have read storys about that being to stiff and cracking frames. Another option I saw was buying a set of reindexed torsion keys. Which seems to be the best option without going to a lift kit. The only problem is I can find a set for a 94 k3500. I can only find them for the 1500 series. Does anyone have them or any other ideas where to get a set? Any other ideas? Thanks Eric
  2. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

Turn the bars and install some timberens. Done.
  3. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I would start with timbrens and turning up the bars since that's the least expensive fix. Most guys on here have gotten away with just that, myself included. If that doesn't work you can start looking into more extensive mods
  4. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Keys don't do anything except rotate the bars further-there is no added stress from turning your bars up. Keys only help if you can't turn the bars in any further. Make sure you weld in gussets-that is why the frames crack (they don't have them from the factory)

Install gussets, crank the t-bars, and install timbrens if you wish. Also make sure you run ballast, which helps offset the weight of the plow.