1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

94 GMC 1500 sierra 4x4 manual

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jphag, Jul 17, 2008.

1. jphag

jphag Junior Member

What is a good starter blade to use on this truck? Where can I find a used blade?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Assuming that your going to be doing residential work with this truck, a 7.5 ft would work nicely if it's a regular cab or even an extended cab short bed.

Used plows can be had from many places.. most plow dealers will have used setup around for sale and can help you get the correct/miscellaneous parts and pieces you'd need to install it on the truck. Also right here in the for sale forum is a good place to watch as well.

See plenty of guys buying plows off ebay or Craigslist but beware and do your homework before making a purchase like that unless your knowledgeable on plows, as your "steal of a deal" can quickly lead to a money pit until you have it on the truck and working. Missing components/incorrect components for your application can get expensive in a hurry.
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

BB,what do you think? How about an older Fisher with a hydro pump .I think that was the best plow setup for a manual transmission
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not a bad idea GV if a complete setup in good shape could be found for reasonable $$...

Although I am a little partial to the modern stuff... :drinkup: