1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

94 ford f150 inline 6?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by darood01, Sep 16, 2009.

1. darood01

darood01 Member
    from GR, MI

Can you plow with this truck? I can get one cheap that is in great condition but would be using it only as a back up truck. Just curious to hear peoples opinions.
    Thanks

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That's a great motor. If it's TTB, that's the weak point. Should be fine for a backup truck.

3. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Whats a TTB?? I plowed for years with a 95 short box, Meyer. I live where we get 3 feet 2 or 3 times a year always did good, but was a little lite to push the big loads. I just blew the clutch and the frame rotted out or I would still be using it.

4. darood01

darood01 Member
    from GR, MI

TTB weight?

Would a plow that weighs 400 pounds cause any problems to the ttb?

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

TTB is Twin Traction Beam. It was an independent front suspension before they went to upper/lower control arms (like the Chevys). Tried to find a decent pic, didn't stumble across one. Looks like Ford use them up through 96 in the pickups. Any change in the load on the front axle changes the camber. Those things would chew up tires even without a plow.

6. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

That engine is good but don't rev over 3,000 rpm and very torque like diesel.

for TTB here picture. Ford use until 1997 for last F250 HD with old body.

[​IMG]

7. darood01

darood01 Member
    from GR, MI

Thanks for the info, it greatly helps with the decision.

8. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

But it will be great plow truck.

9. rancherman84

rancherman84 Senior Member

ran a 8 foot fisher on my 84 f-250 light duty for years,only issue i had with the TTB was the u-joints.the f-150 you are looking at will be the same axle i had(dana 44) only yours will have 5 bolt hubs instead of 8.