1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

94 ford f150 351 wont stay running help...

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by joney5079, Mar 9, 2011.

1. joney5079

joney5079 Junior Member

1994 ford 351 engine problems last week I was going up town I started my truck it ran (idled) for about a min then shut off tried to start it back up and nothing. Did some investigating and the output of the coil had broken went to AutoZone got a new coil also 3 fuses blew all in the under hood box (30 amp maxy and 2 10 amp regular) so I put the new coil and 3 new fuses in and the same thing happened. I switched between tanks thinking a bad fuel pump and the same thing happens if any one has any ideas please let me know thanks Jon
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Get the repair manual and check the resistance of both stages of the coil with a volt omn meter. One in 10,000 parts are bad right out of the box! But< I bet it's a wiring problem somewhere. Or something on the same circuit that feeds the coil is shorted out / bad.
  3. mrv8outboard

mrv8outboard Senior Member

What circuits are the fuses protecting? It sound like a bad ground. When you go to start it is trying to ground through the circuits that the fuses are blowing. So check the body ground and the engine ground.