1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

94 ford f150 351 wont start

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by joney5079, Mar 12, 2011.

1. joney5079

joney5079 Junior Member

94 f150 351 wont start. last week it would start after 30 sec or so it would die i checked the fuel pressure today had 0 at the rail put a new filter on got 60 psi now. however it wont start.. no studier or anything have not checked for spark yet as their are still fuel fums all around from doing the filter any ideas what it could be. i also put new spark-plug weirs and a coil in 3 days ago (and yes i did one plug wire at a time so i know i did't mix them up) thanks Jon
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

If you have no spark it could be the ignition module in the distributor. Auto part stores sell the tool to get it out. You take the 2 torque screws out and pull it down. Have it tested. If you get a new one buy the heavy duty model. Have them test is also. I have got 2 right out of the box that were bad. Another one failed 2 minutes after I put it in! Put the supplied dielectric grease on the flat metal surface on the module that contacts the inside of distributer.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011