1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

94 f350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by havenlax18, Dec 19, 2010.

1. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

Thumbs UpWe have many trucks and could of replaced this one but tell me if it was a good investment. I put my dads 94 F350 Stakebody in a Ford dealership for 8 months. And put around 11 into it. When I put it in the truck was loud as crap, overheated, broken gas tanks, flat tires, bad lights, and missing parts. Ford returned it in amazing condition. It runs like a buety. I brought it to our shop and detailed the inside, fixed all the dents, new bed floor, replaced the steel gates, added plywood, strobe lights, redid the interior, mainiced the 8" fisher mm1 the plow for it, and stocked the truck on tools. The only things wrong with it is the dump is broken, probly not going to fix because of cost plus we have other trucks, the dome light (small fix), gas tank #2 meter is broke, and the 4x4 is ceased but we are getting it fixxed, you can put it into 4x4 as of now but you have to crawl under the truck and turn it with a wrench. So lets do the math 11,000 in ford + 3,000 in exterior.
    The truck pulls a skidsteer like it should and ran hard for me in the salt storm on thursday.
  2. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

they are great trucks, i have a 96 F350, but 15 grand in work done to it? sounds like a lot of money to me. lets see some pics. what engine? what trans?
  3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I don't want to tell you your throwing good money away, but I would have replaced the truck for that kind of money.
  4. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

ill post a pic up later. The 96 is nice. The only reason I did it because it beats 65 grand. With payments. Its a brand new ford gas engine and the trans did not need replaceing but is tight.
  5. PPP

PPP Member

It's worth it if you feel it is. If the cash flow is there to purchase new and then write it off then I would say no. I rebuilt an 88 GMC Dump years ago when everyone thought I was crazy. But then when the economy shifted and they gave up there new trucks it made sense and no the cash flow wasn't there at the time. The luxury of cheap repairs on an older vehicle can be a good thing unless it always needs repair. I always try to have one newer truck and one older one to even things out. It does beat having payments and keeping you liquid money wise. And you know the history of the truck as well.
  6. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

your 100% correct. Even if I did put too much money into it, its brand new and can make me money.My favorite is no payments.