1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

94 f350 turbo diesel ?????????

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Morrissey snow removal, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i have a 94 f350 turbo diesel 4x4 5 speed when u shut the truck off u can hear a noise like something is loose any ideas thancks guys!!!!!!

2. Dirtboy953B

Dirtboy953B Senior Member

Dose it sound like a rattle or shutter?

3. Morrissey snow removal

more like a shutter

4. Dirtboy953B

Dirtboy953B Senior Member

Sounds like the dual mass flywheel is letting go,they are bad for doing that If it gose to long it will cone apart and go through the bellhousing...I've had that happen and it sucks,They make replacements that are solid flywheel they are 10 times better I have two trucks with them and no probolems yet,I have also put lots of them in other trucks, LUK make a good set I think the last one I got was about $500 clutch,pressure plate,flywheel,pilot bearing,trow out bearing,alliment tool and all hardwear.http://www.lukclutch.com/ or try 1-800-dial-a-clutch Ford wants like $1200 for just the dualmass flywheel.

5. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Its either a muffler clamp or the radiator cap.

6. Morrissey snow removal

also the truck smokes for about 10 mins when u start if and when u drive it it clears up white smoke alot of it to