1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

94 f250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by MnM, Nov 29, 2006.

1. MnM

MnM Senior Member

i am thinking of putting a vbox in my 1994 f250 supercab long bed 2wd 122,000 m. What is everyones thoughts on how this well this truck will carry a 8 ft v-box loaded with salt

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Sounds like a lot of weight for a F250. You have to check the weight of the load,your spring / axle spec's, current tire load limit. If your getting the V box off of someone, check the manufactures web site for recommended trucks for it.

3. BobC

BobC Senior Member

2wd? Would rather run 4x4. Check the GVWR of your truck and make sure it has the right load range tires on it, then weigh the truck. Add truck+sander+salt and if you are under the gvwr then you are ok. One of the smaller V boxes might be your answer.

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 94 F250 reg cab 4x4. It sounds like that would be a lot of weight for that truck. Maybe some tibrens or heavier springs can help you.

5. MnM

MnM Senior Member

got to salt with her for the first time . She handles the v-box loaded very well. First owner may have put heavy springs in because I was very impressed with the way she drove everything