1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

94 f250 stalling

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by catpaver825, Oct 3, 2010.

1. catpaver825

catpaver825 Junior Member

I have a 94 ford f250 5.8 the idle kicks up and down and stalls when at a light. Only seems to do it once its warmed up any suggestions of what could be wrong?
  2. ajman21

ajman21 Senior Member

egr valve or exaust gas recirculation valve. sounds like its stuck open or closed.
  3. mrv8outboard

mrv8outboard Senior Member

Listen this is going to sound funny but check the transmission fluid. I had a 1994 Bronco 5.8 and it only stalled at traffic lights and stop signs. Checked it out, tuned it up, Seafomed and still did it. I check the transmission fluid, it was low, topped it off and bingo no problem.
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Could be the idle air control too. It feeds are past the throttle plate when at idle. It may not react quick enough or be too weak. May not be that easy either. It will never throw a code and make it easy. You have temp sensors, MAP, fuel pump & fuel pressure regulator, EGR control and sensors, if that year still has a distributor the module may have problems.... Could be a bad connection too. Try to test stuff and not just replace stuff. It just makes your day worse to spend money and not fix it. Start by cleaning ground wire connections and putting dielectric grease on them to protect them. Bad grounds cause problems that will drive you nuts! Carefully pull apart connections on stuff on the engine. Look for crud and corrosion. Put dielectric grease in the connection plugs. Look for spark plug wires rubbing on metal. Could be shorting out here and there. Make sure all your filters are OK. When was the PCV, fuel or air filter changed?