1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

94 F250 front end vibration with hubs locked

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Jaspell, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Jaspell

Jaspell Member
    from 06117

1994 F250. HD front end. I locked in my hubs today in anticipation of plowing tonight. Notice a noise and vibration (significant) on the front left hand side even in 2WD mode. When I left the office to head home, it was snowing quite hard so I put the truck (manual transfer case) into 4x4 high. The truck didnt want to go in a straight line to save it's life. The ass end, left side kept yawing out to the left so I was almost going down the street parallel to the line of traffic. The steering gear is fairly worn anyways but nothing like this in2WD mode. Once I did the 4x4 thing it was just a messy pup.

Any ideas where to start troubleshooting this?

2. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

front axle u joints or locked hub when was the last time you inspected the locking hub?

3. Mike N

Mike N Senior Member

Probably have a frozen axle joint.