1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

94 F150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by HOLLYWOOD, Jan 7, 2004.

1. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Member

hello.

I just got a 94 F150 extended cab 6ft bed as a back up plow truck . GVW is around 6250lb . I was told the front axles are weak? Can I put a Meyers 7.5 on as a backup ? Will it be OK???
    Or should I go 6ft ?

thanks for your replys

2. JMR

JMR Senior Member

I would say a 7.5 Meyers should be fine. I have plowed with many 1/2 ton trucks for years. Just keep in mind that you are plowing with a 1/2 ton truck and treat it a little gentler and you should be fine. As always make sure the truck is in top mechanical condition before you turn it into a plow truck. If anything is marginal or weak IT WILL BREAK when plowing. A 3/4 or 1 ton is always better though.

3. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

Hollywood, I've got a 02 150 ext. cab short bed FX4 and I'm hanging a 7'6" regular duty fisher mm on mine went a few round on the old torsion bars and it handles it very well Been running it for two season now with no problems what so ever. Don't be scared trow a FISHER on the FORD!!!!

4. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

I've got a Meyers 7.5 on my 95 F150, no problem. Just don't use it as a battering ram.