1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

94 Dodge Ram mount

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by micojj, Dec 11, 2005.

1. micojj

micojj Junior Member

I just purchased a used (2 yrs old) Boss 7 1/2' steel blade. The wiring and mount are off a Ford. I haven't even picked it up yet. If anyone out there could get a pic of their Dodge Ram mount for me it would sure help me to modify this one. Also, I've heard one can just cut and splice the wiring to adapt it. Is this correct?
    Thanks for your help.
    Jeff

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Do you need the undercarriage for it??

I've got an undercarriage for an RT3 off of a 2002, which I never used, traded the truck before I plowed snow with it.

If you're interested, I'm near Forest Lake, MN, and would part with it for $100.

And yes, you could just splice it in, or there's a guy close by, a Boss dealer that could maybe find you a used / new Dodge harness.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2005
  3. micojj

micojj Junior Member

Ram mount

I don't know if the 2002 Dodge would work with the 94. I would think they would be different. I'd have to check on this. As far as the wiring, the dealer here could get me a new one, I just don't want to spend that much.
    Thanks

4. LwnmwrMan22

It should work, it's off the old body style 2002, not the new body style.

I'll call my plow guy tomorrow and find out.

5. micojj

micojj Junior Member

94 Ram mount

Let me know. If it'll work I would be interested.

6. us2bafhemi

us2bafhemi Junior Member

I just purchased and installed the BOSS 7'6" standard on my 96. The box for the truck side mount said it was for a 94-02 Dodge. Hope this helps. Good luck.

7. micojj

micojj Junior Member

Thanks. It should fit then.

8. LwnmwrMan22

I just talked to my plow guy, and he said yes, it'll fit.

If you want some pictures let me know, or if you want it, let me know.

Like I said, $100 and it's yours if you come and get it, or I can ship it over to you. I'm about an hour +/- east of St. Cloud.

9. micojj

micojj Junior Member

I'll take it. Just gotta see when I can get down there to pick it up. Maybe Thurs? I'll let you know.
    Thanks

10. LwnmwrMan22

Sure, that's fine....

If you want to call me, 651-248-9728.

It'll depend on the snow here, they're talking about snow from early Wed. morning until Friday afternoon.

If that's the case, I can leave it out on the front step for you and you can leave a check / cash if I'm not around and you want to pick it up.

My wife'll be home as well on Thursday, but she doesn't like to answer the door when I'm not around... :nono:

11. micojj

micojj Junior Member

I'm going to wait and see what the weather is like. I'll let you know when I can make it down there.