1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

94 dodge eletrical

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by elite1msmith, Dec 27, 2008.

1. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

anyone got a good diagram?

2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

you'll have to be a little more specific i can get just about anything on "alldata" but to print off everything for that vehicle would take a hell of a lot

3. elite1msmith

from chicago

i have adiagram from the haynes manuel , but i found the colors to no be exact , which makes it more difficult

for nowill work with what i have

as i see itnow , im looking at a starter problem , interior light problem , head light, taillight turn problem ,....all at once.... maybe its time for a light swtich?

4. ticki2

ticki2 Senior Member
    from NH

Once upon a time there was a recall for the light switch so it could be the problem.

5. scooled101

scooled101 Senior Member
    from midwest

does it turn over what are the details and what was the start of the problems I have owned a lot of dodges

6. elite1msmith

from chicago

lol, heres the details so fare... i have removed about 2 feet of burned up wiring , that was all melted together ...its bad , really bad

If anyone ca ntell me what a light blue wire, plossibly with a black strip does.... coming from the head light switch ? it would help

also there is a blight blue wire , running up the steering colum, not sure if its the same one or not

i found heavy corrosen inside the cab on the wiring , so clearly this has been a long time coming

7. scooled101

scooled101 Senior Member
    from midwest

does this truck have fog lights?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  8. elite1msmith

from chicago

no fog lights

9. scooled101

scooled101 Senior Member
    from midwest

ok give me a few mins let me see what i can find for you

10. elite1msmith

from chicago

thanks very much

11. scooled101

scooled101 Senior Member
    from midwest

I am still looking in my books but what i can tell at this point it is a hot wire that is hot at all time. Correct if if i am wrong but there is a lbl wire that goes into a relay then coming out of the relay is the black and light blue wire??

12. scooled101

scooled101 Senior Member
    from midwest

whats your e-mail I have a couple very easy to read wire diagrams for you that should help you out pretty quickly

13. scooled101

scooled101 Senior Member
    from midwest

try this may help a little

wiring.jpg.jpg

14. elite1msmith

from chicago

hey thanks for everyones help on this

ok , found the problem , previous owner, had a bunch of cut and splice connections, possibly for a trailer plug, or salt spreader, maybe a truck cap.... anyway... somethingat the rear of the truck caused a short...

its been going for a while. i found lots of burned up wires that had corrostion on them , even in the cab , so this has been a long time coming ...it just now showed it ugly face

so two more request if you guys are good enough , please

i need a wiring diagram of the enitre head light switch ... before installin git , and rewiring i need to test it... thats about 10 wires or so off the top of my head

the second thing... there is a joint connector in the cab... with a black and yellow wire going to it

4 wires - one does the cab lightson the roof
    - one doesthe rest of the exterior lights outside (runninglights)

- one wire - is the feed, which burned up really baddly , this comes straight from the switch

-- i can not identify what the other wire does, if it also comes from the switch , and is a feed, or if it lights up something... i applied power to it , and nothing happened that i could see

thanks again

15. scooled101

scooled101 Senior Member
    from midwest

this should help you

0900c15280071592.jpg

16. elite1msmith

from chicago

perfect , ur the man ..... if your this way , dinner is on me

17. scooled101

scooled101 Senior Member
    from midwest

your on I will be out that way tomorrow haha just let me know if i can help you anymore and I will do my best, I have been through this with 2 of my 94 dakotas

18. elite1msmith

from chicago

im not kidding , anytime, you got a stake and a beer waiting

looks like that unknow wire is for the trailer relay

and i can work with the rest for testing the headlamp switch... i jsut wantto be sure its not shorted or burned out in any way

i should have the lights up and running tonight , then have a worker reassemble the dash which is in like 6 peaces ... i cant believe how much got effected

19. scooled101

scooled101 Senior Member
    from midwest

I appreciate the offer I will be in oak lawn tomorrow, but just doing what i can to help I know what its like to have your breadmaker broke down.

keep me posted on how everything goes sounds like you got her under control now

20. elite1msmith

from chicago

electrical is all fixed, bypassed, or rigged insome mannoror form ...im waiting on a starter to tak eit down the road...

but all the lights work now...