1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

94 Cheyenne 1500 V6

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by herons, Aug 15, 2003.

1. herons

herons Junior Member

I'm considering buying a 94 Chevy Cheyenne 1500 v6 long bed, with Fisher minute mount 7 1/2 Ft. plow and 85000 miles. Is this a good match? I'm only doing my own drive, but it's a very long gravel way, and I have no experience. Price is a reasonable $6900. I also need it to commute . Any thoughts?

2. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

It won't be any horsepower king but it will do the job. If it's in good shape and you like the price, go for it. Worst case is that ou might need to plow in low range but I doubt it. I'm pushing 8' plows with that same v-6 in S10s and doing fine with them.

3. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Is the truck 4wd? If so, I guess it should work out ok. Thats odd though, to see a half ton truck with a V6 and a plow, not sure I ever saw that combo before. Let us know what you decide. Mike

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

It will work OK,but I think you'd be better off to find a V8.The V6's don't tend to hold up as well,and suck back just as much fuel.

5. JOHNTIBZ

JOHNTIBZ Junior Member
    from NH

Bteer deals out there

Hi,
    I'm sure that truck will hold up, but you can probably get a better deal than what your getting. I just bought a 94 cheyenne 2500 with a big block for $5,000.00. Its in perfect shape withthe exception of one rip in the seat and passenger window needs a new channel. Good luck.
    John

6. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Like Wyldman, I was thinking the samething about the V6. It may be a little weak for pushing snow, but I know Alan uses some V6s and does good with them. What V6 is in it? Im guessing the 4.3L. They are torquey little motors. Is it the Vortec one? Mike

7. wyldman

wyldman Member

It would be a standard,non Vortec V6.They do just fine in the S10's,but are a little underpowered in the C\K series.

8. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Chris, I thought the vortec 4.3's were intorduced in like 86 or somrthing, they wre out long before the actual avdertised CFI 'vortec' motors, but has the vortec-creating head design. Is that false information?

9. wyldman

wyldman Member

The 4.3L did come out in the pickups in 85 or 86,and some started calling it a Vortec V6.They newer style true Vortec didn't start until 1995 ? or so.The older V6 were TBI,the newer ones use central injection.

10. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Oh, alright, so they too came out at the same time as the rest of the vortec line. Now I know how it works. Thanks!