1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

94 chevy trans problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by szxjw3, Nov 12, 2007.

1. szxjw3

szxjw3 Junior Member

I have a 1994 chevy 2500hd with an auto trans and have an intermittent shifting problem.
    It happened 2 time since I bought it 6 weeks ago.
    It does not shift out 2 nd gear. It will shift in rev. When I shut it off and let it sit for a while
    it will work fine No slipping and no issue. I have used it for about 1000 miles and it happened twice. Trans problem or electric issue? Please help

Ron

2. Badlands122

Badlands122 Junior Member
    from Texas

94 chey trans Trouble, 2

I'm also having trans trouble, it started when I went through some rough weather, very heavy rain. I first noticed the speed-cable acting funny, it was bouncing up and down. Then when I came to a complete stop, it wouldn't shift gear, from 1st - 2nd. After it sat awhile, everything was fine. I took it to a tranny shop and the problem stopped, now my Altenator went out and it's doing it again. Of course when I took to the shop again, it wouldn't act up for them. Now, it acts up in the morning, it used to be when the truck was "warm", like after a good run down the highway. Can anyone tell whats wrong with it and how to fix it before I put it out to pasture and put it out of my misery?????

Ross

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  3. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

4l80e? try replacing the VSS and the shift solenoids.