1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'94 3500 Hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JimNasium, Feb 17, 2003.

1. JimNasium

JimNasium Junior Member
    from MU ohio

I am looking to get a very clean 1994 chevy 3500HD diesel with a manual, and flatbed. It has 150,000 miles on it. It is deep down south, so it has seen no plowing whatsoever. Is there anything that i should be specificly leary of, either that model, year, or engine? I appreciate any responses, either positive or negative.

2. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

What engine is in it?
    If it's a diesel have the motor comp. checked out. That is a large truck for the 6.5, if it has it, and if ran hot to many times it could have trouble. Oil analysis is also a great tool as it will spot trouble you can't see.
    The only other thing I can think of is the frame. I have seen plenty of them with the frame sagging in the middle. GM corrected this is ? year with a large brace that covers the frame. Good luck with it if you get it.

3. Kurt B.

Kurt B. Junior Member

Find out how long since the injection pump was last changed. The GM 6.5L had a lot of problems with their fuel injection pumps starting in 1994. The warranty was extended to 120,000 miles on the pumps but you are over that. It probably has had at least one or more pumps replaced with that mileage. If it has been several years since it was last replaced you might want to factor into your buying price a new pump in the near future at around $1,600 installed. I have several 97 and newer 3500HD trucks and have been very pleased with them.