1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

94 3/4 Ton CTD questions

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ksu_chainsaw, Nov 22, 2004.

1. ksu_chainsaw

ksu_chainsaw Junior Member

Hello everyone

After a couple weeks of lurking in the background I felt like I needed to ask some questions.

First, I own a '94 Dodge 2500 Cummuns with the NV 4500 5-speed tranny, 4wd, and 4.11 rear end. The GVWR is 8800lbs. I have about 130K miles on it. I use this truck as my daily driver and to pull the farm trailers around.

Now I have several questions about this truck.
    1) I need to replace the exhaust on here, as it fell of behind the muffler. I was thinking about 4" staight off of the manifold. Is there any problems with this?
    2) What is a reasonablly priced exhaust temp gauge and boost gauge? I would like a collom mount, but cant swing the price for it.
    3) What repairs should I look out for on this truck? I have already had to put 5th gear back onto the tranny- spun off when i was going to school one day. Put a new nut on there that has 3 setscrews on it, and put plenty of loctite on those setscrews.
    4) What size/brand of plow would you reccomend for this truck? I am looking at mostly clearing my farm drives, as the tractor does not have a cab. I have about 8 miles of rock roads to clear, plus about 4 acres of gravel lots.

Thanks for your answers, I've already learned a lot here.

Charles

2. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

A larger exhaust stack will lower backpress and boost power output some and lower EGT too but a striaght pipe might get a little loud too. You can hang pretty much any plow you want on that truck up 8 1/2 feet or so. You might look at a Fisher because they play real good on gravel lots with their trip edge design on all of their plows and Western, Boss and Meyer/Diamond uses a trip edge on a few models too.

3. Sandbrew

Sandbrew Member

Chainsaw,

this is great place fot snow plow questions as far as your Cummins questions check out http://www.turbodieselregister.com

My other truck is a 2001 2500 6spd and I have learn a ton from the TDR website

Sandbrew