1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

94 2500 Extra cab

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by forestfireguy, Oct 19, 2007.

1. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Hello guys, never posted on this part of the site before but need some advice. I have the oppurtunity to pick up a 94 2500 4x4 with 118k miles and curtis 8.5 ft plow. The truck had a trans rebuilt at 80k or so. It does drive well and the plow works, though I'd rather it was a western. The truck needs a little TLC, mostly body, some dings and dents, and lettering that was removed but never buffed. Is this truck a good deal at 3500 dollars????? Oh yeah it's a gasser and the rubber is decent, interior is very clean. I'm a ford guy but this seems too good to pass up. For those with expierience what should I be looking for to be wrong withthis truck.

2. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Just buy it and think about it later, seems real cheap. If you have some time on your hands clean/buff it up and you will have yourself a heck of a truck. :salute:

Let me know if you dont buy it. I will fly out and drive it home.

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

sounds like a good deal to me, if you do get it keep the curtis you wont regret it its a damn good plow.

4. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for the reassurances guys. But to that last part of my original question......What should I be looking closely at for issues with this truck, common issues etc..... I heard something about the steering shaft having problems in certain model years.....Anything else.....

5. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I would check the front end out really well as you would with any used plow truck. Check the feel going into reverse as the Dodges like to throw that out (in my experiance anyway). Also every late 90's Ram I have had leaks like a siv out of the output shaft seal on the T-case. Not a huge deal but could help for low balling even more.

Good luck