1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

94 2500, are they any good?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by maelawncare, Nov 20, 2008.

1. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

I am looking to buy a 94 2500 and was wondering if any of you guys have any experience plowing with them? Its got the bigger v8 in it and extended cab. Overall a good truck, but priced kinda high.

Just wondering what you guys think of them.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I have a 97 k2500...i'm guessing you mean it has the 454 in it? if so that truck will be a beast to plow in! and even with a smaller v8 it would still do great. The good part about that body style truck is that parts always seem to be readily available if something does actually go wrong. They are built to work and they do just that!

What is the asking price on the truck? How's the rust situation? can you post any pics of the truck? those things more or less will be really what determine weather or not the truck is worth buying.

-mike-

3. maelawncare

well it is in nice condition, 165k miles and a new transmission. does have rust hole behind drives side door on the extra cab. but no where else. a few dint and dings, brand new tires, and comes with an older meyer 6 1/2' plow. i know a small plow for this truck. and i guess its the 351 not the 454. Hes asking $5k for it.

Thank thats a good deal. Only plow truck for sale around me used.

4. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

im sure its the 5.7 350 good truck iv never got stuck in mine but thats a big price tag 2,000 tops is what id pay

5. maelawncare

well the bluebook on it for private party is $4200 and thats without the plow. but since it is a plow truck you know its been used.

6. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

Thats high for that truck.Great trucks all i run are 94-95 chevys.I would never pay that much for one.Not to mention the plow is too small you will need a bigger one or you will be driving over snow .

7. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

Those chevy 350s will run for ever. its all about how you plow with a truck tho take it easy on it and will work great

8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Those 88-98 chevy pickups are some of the best work trucks ever. I abuse my 98 1/2ton doing work of a 3/4 or 1 ton with it and it always comes back for more. I wouldn't consider doing half the stuff I do with my 98 with my dad's new 08. I think $5k is a bit to much but with a larger blade she'll make you plenty of $$$.

9. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

I agree with Mark, though I do not think that I am quite as hard on mine as he is his, but I aint nice to it either. Definitly a bigger blade, 8' would probably be a good start for it. Should last a good while. I'm rolling at 200k and it still runs like a champ.

10. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

I had a '94 2500 reg cab with the 350. Just sold it this past spring. Was a great plow truck, had a boss v on it. If you look at threads I have started I have a picture of it. Sold it for $5500 with 115k on it. Check it out.

11. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

12. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I love mine 220 k just had the tranny rebuild so i hope she holds up . the only bad is its a open rear end . I work it year round . 7.5 with wings dump bed salter & I've carried 2 pallets at a time but the front wheels are off the ground . LOL

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  13. eatonpaving

eatonpaving PlowSite.com Addict

the best trucks made, i have had 2 new 1996 plow trucks and worked them all year round, sold them, bought a 97, and now i have 2 89gmc and a 94 chevy short bed, both 2500 and have plows on them... i would talk the guy down a little, if not look on craigslist and find one, chevy and gmc are the best...

14. upst8ny

upst8ny Junior Member

I would also say that is a little high for that. To me that plow would be worth about $500.00 Then whatever KBB says for the truck.That plow is slow and 6 1/2 wide is at least a foot shorter then what you should have for that truck. I plow with a 1996 and have had real good luck with it. In1996 Chevy started putting the Vortec engines in there C/K lineup which added a few more HP under the hood.

15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I owned a 1994 Diesel 3500 SRW. It might be the best truck I ever had. I owned it 6 years with may too much plowing. In 6 years I only had $2500 in repairs.

16. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

I love the 88-98 body style trucks. I bought my 98 ECSB Z71 new in May of 98 and it just turned over 105,000 miles today. I bought my 98 RCLB K3500 a year ago and it currently has 97,800 miles on it. With the 454 and 4.10 gears, its a pulling machine. The Z71 doesn't do too bad either. I will have to try and post pics of both of them.

Wayne

17. zuess253

zuess253 Junior Member

The plow truck i have now has 250,000 miles on it and its a 1994 k1500 z71 with the 350 5.7L. picked up the truck couple years ago for 2,000 with 190,000 miles. this thing is the best truck i will ever have. love it till the day i kill it.

18. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

There good trucks. They have there issues like any truck but overall Ive grown to like my K2500. My truck is my daily driver/ weekend workhorse and its taken everything Ive thrown at it so far.

This is last summer towing my friends Jeep to an off road park in Northern MN It was quite hot out and it didnt sweat at all on a 90 degree day with the A/C on full blast going about 75 MPH for several hours straight.

truck trailer jeep.jpg

19. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

Must have been the only 90 degree day, we don't get many up here ha! Nice truck tho looks really nice!

20. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

Here are some pics of my OBS trucks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]