1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

93' wiring diagram

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 99zr2, Jul 4, 2008.

1. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 93 Chevy Silverado. Specifically for anything ecm related wiring.
    My father is rebuilding his truck after a accident and has a draw through the ecm to somewhere. Not sure were to though.
    It is something that is supposed to draw only 50 milliamps but is drawing more than 500.

Any diagram or a website would be appreciated.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

How did you determine you have a high amp draw through the ECM? What wire color specifically has the draw?

Which ECM is in the truck? As '93 was the change over year from the old style box ECM's to the later (and much more sophisticated) EEPROM style. Is the ECM behind the glove box or under the hood on the dr side inner fender well? (easy way to tell which type you have).

Which trans does the truck have? Manual, 4L80E, 4L60 or 4L60E?

I should have a pin out diagram for either, but it'll have to go via email as I can't shrink'em down enough to post them here or they become illegible.
  3. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

Not quite sure how he determined that he had a draw. But if it helps today I saw him to ask the questions you asked and he said that he might of found the draw. The radio might be the culprit.

As to your questions

#1 The serial number is # 16168625 BDFK
    #2 It is located behind the glove box
    #3 The draw was first located on the Batt. Juc. Block on the fire wall, Grey wire that feeds the Blue connector on the ecm. Some mention of a Orange wire on the blue conn.
    #4 I think that it is a 4l60 trans with manual shift transfer

There was another # on the ecm also *86bdfkk223445818*

Hopefully this is all the info you need. I am going to send you a pm with my email address.
    Thanks in advance