1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

93 W-250 lights on and off...

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by kah68, Dec 9, 2009.

1. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

Headlights come on and off as if it's shorting out, if I mess with the switch in the cab it helps but it's not consistant. Could it be the switch and how does one test it? If not the switch then where would you look?

K

2. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

The truck headlights or the plow? Did you mod or add any lights to the headlight circuit? Is the switch getting warm when the headlights are actually on?

3. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

DRL is acting up!! Daytime running lights, recheck all the wiring on these trucks expecially the plow lights. Lost my 93 to a bad fix that was hidden deep in the front end of the truck.

4. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

DRL's are working steady it's the headlights that come on and off intermittently, the rear running lights never work but rear signal and brake lights are fine. I'm just not sure where to start from to eliminate the issue?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  5. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Even so, I think everything runs through the DRL. The drl is the high beams at 50% output. If not the DRL then it is in the steering colum in the turn signal switch. You need to get a electricial diagram and use a voltage tester to figure out where the problem is. If you have a parts truck start with the DRL and then go from there.