1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

93 to 95 f150

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by caz1, Nov 20, 2004.

1. caz1

caz1 Member

will a western plow from a 1993 f150 long box fit on to a 1995 f150 short box just tring to get a spare back up truck going in laws said i could have the plow.

2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

It should bolt right up no problem. Still gotta wire up that spare truck.

3. caz1

caz1 Member

yea but i hope i can use the old wireing do you think this is would be ok

4. Plow Meister

It could be o.k. but if you are going to use the truck as a spare than I would suggest purchasing a second mount and wiring harness. If one truck breaks down it will take hours to transfer all the goods to the second truck.

5. Personal Plow

Personal Plow Junior Member

I'm getting my other truck ready as a spare and i'm doing the mount and harness so all i do is hook up the plow and go :)

PP

6. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Why stop there? If you want a spare, everthing should be redudant including a plow too so that you can just start it up and go if need be. It does not have to be new stuff though.

7. Plow Meister

Oh boy... Here we go again :rolleyes:

8. Tarkus

Really, where are you going??
    :yow!:

9. caz1

caz1 Member

my in laws are giving me the plow off there 93 to put on my 95 so my 95 will be turn key and go if i have problem with my reaglur truck

10. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Makes perfect sense...

Yes I believe the mount should bolt right up, the wiring i think should be interchangeable, but i don't know for sure.

11. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Junior Member

Tarkus,
    I notice you have a lot of posts for being a new member. You really know your way around here. I just hope you aren't here to provoke members though. None of that will be tolerated, so I will be watching..
    Take it easy,

12. Tarkus

Why is someone always potentailly "guilty" until proven innocent? "Watching does not bother me as I am not "up" to anything but your time "might" be better spent watching some of the other more seasoned ones too from what I have seen in my short time here. You have a very nice site with no really name calling that I have seen yet which is good as name calling is a real turn off for me to stay at a site no matter who it is directed at because it yeilds a very unprofessional atmosphere.
    :waving:

13. Tarkus

Why is someone always potentailly "guilty" until proven innocent? "Watching does not bother me as I am not "up" to anything but your time "might" be better spent watching some of the other more seasoned ones too from what I have seen in my short time here. You have a very nice site with no really name calling that I have seen yet which is good as name calling is a real turn off for me to stay at a site no matter who it is directed at because it yeilds a very unprofessional atmosphere. Also I would have done this through PM to but you have that blocked. Regards
    :waving:

14. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

I believe that this requires an explanation to the members. Today I read no less than three rude, provoking posts by another member ( to which I have not responded) who constantly is doing it, yet nothing is said or done about him. Do certain members have more power than others do? Perhaps all the members need to be ranked and then we will know too.

Yes, we are watching too.

15. caz1

caz1 Member

first I would like to thank tarkus and bolts indus for supporting me
    ok 1majortom i have done nothing to warrant this post from you but to gain knowlodge from the pros on this site I'm new in the buss and to me this is the best place to get advice. And from what i see this is why this site is here to learn from eachother. I think a appolige is in order.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004