1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

93 Ram 2500 Cummins

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by HD61CUIN, Dec 20, 2001.

1. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

I am looking at getting a 93 Ram 2500 4X4 auto cummins turbo diesel. From my local dealer, it has a meyer plow it is missing the blade assembly. It has the mount, E-4 lift, controller and lights just no lower end. First of all can I buy the lower end? Am I better off purchasing a whole new setup. And what are the opinions of this vehicle and lift w/120K on it. Overall the vehicle looks immaculate no rust, excellent interior and holes pre drilled/wired for light bar on roof.

PS looks like the ez mount system according to the meyer website
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2001
  2. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns PlowSite.com Veteran

The model is a W250 (2500 nomanclature started in 1994)

The Meyer parts are certainly available. The parts missing sound like the more common parts that are largely the same as the newer models.
  3. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

ok W250 thats what I was thinking after going to the meyer wb site. The lower unit blade and L/R hydraulics are missing, it looks like the complete mount is there along with lift. I just have to haggle out a price and figure out how much the missing parts will cost.
  4. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns PlowSite.com Veteran

Does it have the part that stays on the truck that the A-frame pins into?

Those parts alone could be $200.00 or so:
    $55.00 x2 for each side frame support.
    $85.00 for the cross section with pin pockets.
    $15.00 x2 for side support extender.
    + Miscellaneous hardware.

+ A-frame and blade assembly.

(I'm going from memory & prices may be different in your location.)
  5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

If you like it,and think its a good deal,take it to a mechanic,have it checked out,it well wort hthe 1 hrs labor to know the condition of the front end,rear end,brakes,and evrything underneatthey should be able to tell you a lot about the condition in a few minutes.I wouldnt worry about the engine at 120K,its just broken in,the 5 speed trans is the weak point in the 89-93's.The auto is a good unit IMO,those trucks are a little short on power by toadys standards,but they run great,and are ultra reilable.As for the plow,i would try to locate a used a frame/blade,Id look for a Fisher,or western blade,and adapt it to fit the meyer frame,since i do not like meyer plows.
  6. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Dido what John said.
  7. HD61CUIN

HD61CUIN Senior Member

That is what I was thinking(plow)I priced a new plow and it was $1300 from Meyer. Yes it has all the brackets that the A frame mounts to. I am tossing and turning as to getting the truck or not. I havent made an offer yet but it will include getting rid of my wife's 98 Pont Grand Am GT that thing has less than 40k. I am looking to getting the truck and $2500 cash back. If not then I don't think that I will get the truck. My other alternative is installing a plow on a 91 Bronco 4x that I got in a 'family way'. It has the usual rusting tailgate but other than that there is nothing wrong with it.