1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

93 K1500 4x4 w/ Fisher Plow $2200

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by VTDave, Sep 20, 2008.

1. VTDave

VTDave Member
    from VT

Up for sale is my 93 Chevy K1500 4x4 work truck with fisher plow. $2200 obo. Located in zip 05055, Vermont. You probably need to be local to buy this truck. (See "the bad"). Email me for pics. (djcahill AT gmail DOT com)

The good:
    Small block V8 still running strong. Uses no oil. New snow tires. Recent brake job. Plow recently repainted. Suspension is tight. Passed State inspection.

The bad:
    3rd gear is toast on this 4 speed automatic transmission. (The bands wore out.) You can go 45 mph in 2nd and then pop it into OverDrive to get on highway, but I wouldn't recommend it. This is a solid around-town and neighborhood plow truck, but you'd want a new transmission for anything else. Plow has trouble with some power angle positions, but I am troubleshooting and expect it's a minor issue.

Overall:
    This truck has plowed my driveway and neighborhood reliably for years. I expect it will do the same for you.

Dave

2. VTDave

VTDave Member
    from VT

Here are some pics....

Thanks,
    Dave

plowtruck_1.jpg

plowtruck_2.jpg

plowtruck_3.jpg

3. VTDave

VTDave Member