1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

93 Gmc

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by tomtom, Sep 15, 2005.

1. tomtom

tomtom Junior Member

Hi guys,
    I am new to this place and to the world of snow plowing. I am interested in buying a truck that already has a plow installed. I know of this guy who is selling a '93 GMC Sierra K-2500 with 26k miles garage kept except for winter when he used it for plowing with a 7.5' belt driven Fisher plow. I haven't seen the truck yet he claims it to be gorgeous and well kept, he is the kind of guy who fixes things before they break. He is asking 8k for the truck and plow. As I said, I am totally new to this plowing thing. Do you guys think that it sounds like a reasonable deal? What about the belt driven plow? Is that a reliable system? Anything I should look for when checking this out? Thank you in advance for any help that you can offer me. :drinkup:

Tom

2. westwind

westwind Member

26k? Sounds too good to be true, as long as it is really in good shape, i'd pick that up. Belt driven means that the pump is powered right off the motor, we don't own any, but i have heard good things about the fischer system. Good Luck.

3. tomtom

tomtom Junior Member

I saw the truck yesterday and it indeed has only 27k on it. I saw a little rust bubbling under the paint on the drivers door and that was about it. The truck is in really good shape. I appreciate your help and look forward to any other opinions that you guys could offer. Thanks.

Tom