1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

93 ford gas problems

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jeremiah, Nov 22, 2005.

1. jeremiah

jeremiah Junior Member
    from baytown

hello i have a 1993ford f-250 351 big block i do not know much about fords so i need help i at one time got 10-15 mpg but now i am getting 4.5 mpg and i cannot figure this out also i am getting oil in my air filter again do not know what is happening i got this truck from my dad and it has 160k miles on it. i am used to chevy not too familair with ford i would greatly appreciate some help the change has been too dramatic to be just age
  2. SnowStooge3

SnowStooge3 Junior Member

If your 351 is anything like my 351 in my 88 f-150, i would say you have an emissions problem. First thing i would do is varify that your check engine light works.(bulb not blown) Have someone hook a scan tool to it to see if you are throwing any codes. As for the oil in the air filter, i get a little residual oil back through the breather tube. Hope this will steer you in some dirrection.
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Make sure your fan clutch is disconnected at higher speeds?
    Run rough, stumble or rough idle?
    The truck may just need a good tuneup. Wires, spark plugs, PCV replaced and the timing checked.