1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

93 f350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Prasino, Feb 27, 2001.

1. Prasino

Prasino Junior Member

I am looking to purchase a 93 f350 reg cab in a couple of weeks. Was wondering what the gas milage on this truck would be with the 351 v8 gas engine in it.
  2. MLI

MLI Member
    from Boston

93 F-350

Hi there
    I had a 93 F-350 with the 460 engine. Id say that motor
    got about 8-10 mpg, so id say the 351 engine would be around 12mpg. One word of caution on this vehicle, check the oil pan for rot. Youd think the dealers would carry oil pans in stock WRONG!...its was a nightmare trying to get one. My truck sat for two weeks waiting for this part. I think the truck is awesome to work with, and a beast for plowing, infact i bought another one 95F-350, and made sure i undercoated everything vital underneath. Good luck!
  3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

all ford oil pans have a rotting problem,it seems like the 351 is the worst,The 351 will be lucky to get 11 mpg-my old boss ahs one,its a pig,but its a HD truck and can handle a plow great with that nice Dana 60 front end.the F350 is sprung very stiff,even with 1000 lbs of tools his still rides real hard,tough on your back.
  4. Prasino

Prasino Junior Member

Thanks for your Info.
  5. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

my fuel records for trucks like that, say you would get around 12 MPG.

6. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

remember that there is a recall for the fuel tank
    sending units on that truck. Make sure that has been repaired.

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Do you know the specifics on that recall you mentioned?

8. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

rubber seal on top of tank can rupture, and overflow when refueling.
  9. Winterworks

Winterworks PlowSite.com Veteran

I wish I could find a F350 reg cab 4x4 up here of that era,.,,,,hard to find as Magic Salt. I would buy ten of them if I could get them. Pat