1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

93 F350 diesel---what plow is OK?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Kramer, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

I have a 2wd F350 dump-- 1993. I'm considering plowing with it this year, but, I'm not sure about the weight of an 8ft Fisher--speedcast or minutemount). In short, the diesel is not on a recommended match list (Fisher website) and is excluded from any maches at all.

I'm also not sure if theres a match on a minutemount due to the age of the truck.

Any info, help would be appreciated.

2. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

get another truck. Not only is 2wd, well, 2wd but the front ends are not rated for as much as a 4x4 front end. Depending on your FGAWR you could probably put an 8' plow on it. But when you put ~1000lbs on the front it takes away from the downpressure on the rear. Which on a 2wd truck is very important. Of course you can put weight in the back but you will get stuck alot.