1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

93 f250.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ATV Plow King, Aug 27, 2009.

1. ATV Plow King

ATV Plow King Senior Member

This is where ill put up all of my picks of the truck and the "restoration" process and when the snow fly's plowing picks.

I'll start of by asking if any of you know the weight of a 1993 f250SD pickup bed. It needs to be removed to clean all the rust off of it and the frame then there both gonna get primed and painted.

More pics when the process gets more progress.

-Bill

Scroll down half way for pics

.http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=82016

2. ATV Plow King

I know for a fact someone knows.

-Bill

3. ATV Plow King

Anyone??? 25 views and no replies.

4. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

The bed is not that heavy, I've removed truck beds before. Your best bet is to grind the heads off of the 4 bolts holding in the bed, Then lift off and do what you want with it. Several friends should be able to help you with that. When its time to put it back on go to a ford dealer and have them order new bed bolts or you might be able to find them a hardware store. That is how I did it when I had a 97 F-250 several years ago and wanted to clean up the frame and under the box. Good luck

5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

nice truck. I just picked up a 95 with dump insert and the same plow on urs for $2000.

6. ATV Plow King

Yea i got this one for 1,500 all it needs is new Shakels for t5he suspension and a little TCL but everything runs and im happy so thats all that matters. And i was taking a look at your truck it looks nice, and witht the dump insert + a plow thats a great deal.

-Bill

7. ATV Plow King

Thanks. I guess theres know point in trying to salvage to old bolts?

-Bill

8. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

ya i thought it was. when i drove it home it ran quit rough. so i threw plugs in it and while i was looking at something changing one of the plugs. the engine block ground wasnt tight and it was all rusty and corroded. so i cleaned it up and tightened it. you wouldnt think this truck has 140k on it lol

9. ATV Plow King

Dam no i wouldnt its nice and clean =], does the dump work?

-Bill

10. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

o hell ya it does hahaha. before I put it on the road im gonna fix the rust and hopefully repaint the entire truck when I do my 03 250.

11. ATV Plow King

Nice what color/ colors if you gonna stick with the two tone.

12. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

two tone? im gonna stick with the all black. being all my vehicles are black haha. both trucks are black and my car is even black.

13. ATV Plow King

Yea sorry i thought it was black/gray but that was someone else. and the black should look nice.

14. PDQ Pete

PDQ Pete Senior Member

I would say the bed weighs 300 pounds or a little less. Just put one on my truck a few weeks ago.

Ford truck 003.jpg

Ford truck 004.jpg

15. ATV Plow King

Oh cool thanks. What year is that and is it hard to take it off with the dual gas tank and stuff like that?

-Bill

16. PDQ Pete

PDQ Pete Senior Member

Truck is a 97. Just six bolts hold the bed to the frame you can leave the bumper on. There's a clamp that holds the filler necks to the bed and some small bolts for the filler neck insde the gas doors. And there are some plugs for tailights. I changed one of my gas tanks and the brake line while I had the bed off.

17. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

I think I read you had to do the rear spring shackles? Thats a days worth of work believe me... We just did them on the 350 and its pretty tough, but once you do one it becomes a lot easier. Good luck.

18. ATV Plow King

Yea both sides need to be replaced b/c the guy i bought it from used it for salting i belive and that just eats the chit out of it but i figured it be easier to do it with the bed off and whiles it off im gonna clean it up a little.

How long did it take to replace them, and i have access to a lift so hopefully that will make it a little easier.

-Bill

19. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Eh we have a lift too. I remember we did it off of the lift. Ill ask my dad how we did it because I dont remember exactly how. It was a pretty weird setup but once we got it they came right off with no problems.. Ill find out for you ok.

20. ATV Plow King

Cool thanks bro

-Bill