1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

93 f250 ?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by gll, Aug 16, 2005.

1. gll

gll Junior Member
    from pa

What do you guys think about this: 93F-250 with a 7' Meyer composite plow(pump rebuilt end of last season,also a new blade on plow.) The truck has a 351 with 150000 miles on it. The body has some small dents and dings on it but no major rust spots. 4wd works fine and everything seems Ok mechanically. Also, it has 4 almost new tires. It was used to plow 15 residential driveways and never towed a trailer. The owner is asking 3500 for it. Is this a fair price?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2005
  2. mike_09

mike_09 Member
    from Ohio

Make Sure The Truck Will Go Into 4x4 Low.

3. gll

gll Junior Member
    from pa

f250

Mike,

Is that a common problem with that model? Does that price seem too low for that year and model?

4. mike_09

mike_09 Member
    from Ohio

it's not a common problem, it just if it hasn't been moved down into the low range it locks up and you'll have to hammer it free.ask him if you can drive it for a day or two to see if it's something you want.

I don't know bout on pricing but i just bought a 1997 250 hd 4x4 with 5.8 fully loaded for $7,200 with only 123,000 miles on it so you can work with that.

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I would roll under it with a creeper and look at it close. There could be alot of stuff rusted out and the frame may be getting thin from rust,smell for raw gas. I bought an old plow truck almost 5 years ago and it got the Name " The Big Red Drain" rather quickly! Ask him if he can fill the gas tank full, alot leak from rust out. Like they said above make sure it will go in and come out of 4Low and the shifters work freely. Ask to drive it in 4X4 in a grass area, listen for clicks and grinds and pops from the system. While under it on the creeper check the U-Joints and rotors on brakes on the front axle shafts,they are a real treat to replace. And as usual with a used vehicle make sure it runs and shifts OK, no leaks and engine smoke etc. I just looked at an F-350 with a plow for $2,900 that was rusted out 2 inches up all the way around, no front bumper and it was beat up!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2005