1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

93 F250????

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by PremierLand, Aug 10, 2005.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I found a 93 f250, it has 200k miles but 37k on the new motor and trans. 4wd works, ac works, everything works on it. Its pretty clean. He wanted 3000, he said he'd sell it for 2200... Do you think this is a good deal or should I pass it up? Its also never been plowed with.

Thanks.

2. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Mark, I have heard that the Twin I beam front suspension is really bad for plowing. I've read of the axles cracking right at the knuckles and people having problems keeping them aligned properly. You would be better off going with a F-350 because of the solid front axle. Or you could do a axle swap, but I think that the first option would be cheaper.

William

3. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

i decided im going to steer clear of this truck.

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Oh PLEASE!
    That's the first time I heard that cut on a FORD:
    "axles cracking right at the knuckles"
    How about Chevy's cracking at the steering box? Or ball joints every 20K?
    The mileage might scare me away, it would make a great backup plow truck or a salter touter. And it's only $2200 for a truck that everything works on.

5. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

I don't want to take sides here (Chevy VS Ford), but what ctfan said is true.
    I had a 96 F350 and was warned about the axle problem on the IFS models when I put my plow on.
    Mine never cracked but it was always in the back of my mind after doing some research on the problem.
    My buddy had a plate welded on his (by his plow installer) to stiffen it up for the weight of his Boss V plow.

By the way all 4 of my plow trucks have been Ford F350s.