1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

93 f250 5.8

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 537pike, Sep 28, 2011.

1. 537pike

537pike Junior Member
    from mass

sags with plow on should i put new springs or helper springs or timbren blocks

2. trevier

trevier Senior Member

I had a 96 f250 with the 5.8 motor with a 8ft fisher on it, it didn't sag that bad, but I did install the hard rubber bushings that bolted onto the shock mount, if fit onto the top of the leave spring and the bottom of the frame, it helped out alot but made the truck drive much stiffer, I used to take them out in the spring and put them back in in the fall,

3. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

how much does it sag? I have a 95 F250 same engine with a western 7.5 pro and it doesn't sag too much. A new set of springs will probably fix you right up and are not very expensive.

4. rick502

rick502 Member
    from Vermont

I have 96 250 with 460 and 8ft Fisher. Put new springs on couple weeks ago Front end drops 1.25 inches with plow on.

5. rick502

rick502 Member
    from Vermont

How much sag do you have? If you measure ride height at top of wheel well opening with and without plow?

6. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

I have a 97 f250 with a 7.3l with add a leaf and when it had a plow on it, it did not sag.

7. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

put f350 diesel springs in it if u need a set i have some

8. 537pike

537pike Junior Member
    from mass

will the 350 springs screw up TTI axle
    the front 37" back 39" no plow 265 tires on it
    havent got the plow out yet

9. rick502

rick502 Member
    from Vermont

I'd replace front springs first before considering Timbrens. Otherwise its like putting a band aid on and old springs will always be weak link. Not sure on 350 springs on TTB.

10. 537pike

537pike Junior Member
    from mass

what should it measure in the front when it has newer springs. i know these trucks were not level to begin with
    just dont want to replace things for no reason

11. rick502

rick502 Member
    from Vermont

Goes back to how much sag. Bad springs won't affect your ride height drastically but will squat too much under load. When plow is on look at 2 things - does camber change significantly and how much distance is left between top of springs and bump stop. My stops were touching springs with plow on so I replaced them. Now unloaded ride height is only up a half inch but plow doesn't push front end down to stops.

12. rick502

rick502 Member
    from Vermont

After thinking a bit more on this I think need to back up. What is history on this truck - did front end always sag or is this something new? Also, what rating are the front spings?

As far as what height it should be I don't know specification. Mine is 37.25 with 460, LT23585R16 tires and 3485 lb front springs, which is all factory correct for my truck. Those springs are the heaviest rating Ford made for the F250.

13. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Put a new 3 spring leaf pack in it if the truck is used a lot or and add-a-leaf if not. The 3 spring pack is awesome and the AAL will probably bring it back up/stiffen the ride, but it'll eventually sag. I've done both on a few of the exact trucks you have.

14. 537pike

537pike Junior Member
    from mass

it doesn't sag, i think thats the way those truck were build, the ass end is just a little higher than the front. i have 37 inches in the front with a 5.8 liter with old springs and 265 75 16 tires.

15. weareweird69

weareweird69 Senior Member

The F250 springs are actually stiffer than the F350 springs, since the TTB acts as leverage on the spring.

Put an Add-a-leaf in, and check all your bushings. You can also replace the springs if need be, which they probably need it. The F250's didnt have a ton of suspension play, I had 1.5" of travel on my F250 before i messed with the suspension. But my F350, which is a solid axle, drops no more than .5" with the 8.5' pro plow on the front.