1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

93' F150 front end weak

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sonnyny, Jul 23, 2004.

1. sonnyny

sonnyny Junior Member
    from vermont

Hey- last season I put a fischer elec. hydro. 71/2 on my 93' f150 and my front end blew apart almost immediately, so I installed a pair of hd coils and replaced everything else that needed it. It lasted til' the end of season but it still sags alot. My front load rating with the original springs is 3250 lbs. Whyat it is now I don't know. I would like to beef up the load as much as possible without Timbrens or another coil insert. Is it possible to install a thicker or longer spring to get my load up to about 4,000 lbs ?

2. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

I put 2" lift springs on the front of my bronco. Problem solved! It rides level and only goes down about an inch when the blade is up.

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

you can put hd coil springs on and put those air bags that in the springs i have seen the setup on a bronco he runs a 7.5 rd fisher

4. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

air bags are only a temporary solution. A more permanent solution would be to use the front springs from a 2wd f250. They will fit without any modification and will last much longer than air bags.

5. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

The solution is as follows: You need to install CC844S front coil springs. These springs are designed to carry 600 pounds more than the standard CC844 spring. The application is for an F250 2WD. The spring is almost the same dimensions as the F150 except the diameter of the spring wire is larger so it can handle more weight. The addition of the "S" at the end of the part number adds more capacitity. It works. I was in the same precicament with my 93 F150 untill I put these springs in. But be aware you will need to boost your rear springs to level the truck. I went to my spring guy to have the rear springs re-arced, added a leaf and put in 1 ton boosters. Everyone thinks my truck is an F250. It only deflects 1/4" with the plow raised yet rides good.

f150 plow down side.jpg

6. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

This is with the plow raised:

f150 plow up side.jpg

7. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

The truck rides firm and handles much better. It was the best thing I did! The springs I used were Federal Mogul/TRW. I think McQuay Norris also makes them. Any time you run into this situation you need to consult the Specs page in the back of the parts book. You will find a wealth of information there!

f150 plow down front.jpg

8. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I hope this helps! I've replied to questions like this so many times! Let me know how you make out. You can PM me for any more info.

f150 plow up front.jpg

9. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

One last note: I don't exceed the normal capacity of my truck because of the hefty springs. I advise you to do the same. I also have all the HD goodies such as super cooling, trans cooler, p/s cooler, etc...

anthony tractor f150 2.jpg

10. m&m owner

m&m owner Member
    from MN

A friend of mine has a bronco with a 7.5 ft. snow way . He put air bags in the front easy to install and still rides good