1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

93 F150 arrangement of hydraulics under the hood

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by wquigley, Dec 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. wquigley

wquigley Junior Member

Putting together a 93 F150 303 V8 plow truck. The set-up I bought had been on a 6 cylinder truck and has a separate pump (only) with brackts, and a separate reservoir, all this was mounted on the passenger side, I'm told. Can't see how to make it work. I have the hydraulic stuff left from my 1990 F150 V8 which mounted on the drivers side. Should I be using that (integral) pump and reservoir with all their brackets? The 93 looks a little more crowded on the drivers side but maybe that's where the stuff should mount. Any Help??

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

is it an electric hydraulic unit, or hydraulic pump run off of the motor? I had the electric hyrdaulic under hood assembly on my 94 F150 and I had it over on the Passenger side, with the valve's over on the driver side.

3. wquigley

wquigley Junior Member

It's all hydraulic on both setups. I'm thinking the 302 block and 351 block must be the same, as far as mounting the pump I'll just have to squeeze the valve setup
    on the driver's side fender well somewhere, which is the only place I've seen one mounted on a 1990's F150

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

yeah the truck I got it from was an older F250 that didn't have the fuse box (I believe its there) on the driver inner fender. It had a bracket that bolted right to the inner fender, then I drilled a hole large enough for the cables and ran them into the truck.

5. Jack33

Jack33 Junior Member
    from NH

I had a 95 with a 302. I mounted the valve on the inner passenger fender. The pump was on the drivers side mounted just above the power steering pump. If I remember correctly, I had to push/bend the power steering lines down closer to the frame. This was a regular Fisher pump. I MAY still have pictures of it on my old computer. I can check for you at some point over the next few days.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  6. wquigley

wquigley Junior Member

Thanks, that's an option I hadn't thought about. My old pump and mount is the type you mention, so I'll mount that and then consider locating the valve on the far side.

7. PARTSMGR

PARTSMGR Member

According to Fisher's newest listing-- you have a 6 cylinder mounting setup-- I just bought a 1995 Ford F150 6 cyinder and thats what they show for the 6 cylinder setup-- a separate hydraulic pump- (like on a log splitter) and a separate reservoir. I have a 1988 F150 302 and I mounted some angles to the a/c compressor and hung my pump off of that--- the valve mounted to the driver's inner fender.
    The pump is pretty close to the power steering fill cap- but still allows filling of the p/s reservoir with a funnel.

If you want some pics of my setup-- I can snap a few when it warms up a little here in RI

8. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

I had a 86? or 87.. F 150 with the 302.. I actually went with an SEHP set up.. It was just way easier to do.. I even had all the parts to mount it under the hood.. The MM frame was probably one of the strongest frames of all my MM.. It went back to the tranny with long bars..(they don't make them like they used to!!)

Here is the link to what you are looking for ( http://www.fisherplows.com/publications.asp?cat=103 ) Hope that helps

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  9. PARTSMGR

PARTSMGR Member

88 f150

I have a 1988 F150 with the "kicker" bars coming back to just under the driver's seat for the pushplates. These definitely strengthen the frames, but make changing oil and doing front end work on the vehicle a bear. Of course the cross bar goes right under the oil drain plug location for the engine and makes a mess when changing the oil. The newer setup my 95 I got does not have these kicker bars. I might just take them off the 88 and retrofit em on to the 1995 rig come spring.

Good luck with your 93...

Remember one thing- the more work you do in the off season to make sure nothing breaks will pay off during the winter season when they usually break.